I’m getting increasing amounts of requests for links to pages. Usually it involves a story about a little girl who wants to make an impression on the world and the best way to do this is for me to put a link here. Sorry, I don’t do this. The link requests are usually overly optimised pages created for the purpose of SEO and offer very little value.
I’m happy to add a link if it’s a useful resource.
The joy of parafauna is that you can use anything as materials. Some people use old umbrella skins as a chute. They are not as light as ripstop but they save some sewing.
Kite Shops – custom & ready made kites
- MIM Paramodels (RC Paragliding) – Solid quality & great performance. Check out their 2013 range.
- Go-Kites ebay shop – Wide selection of kites. Great product knowledge.
- Karl Longbottom Kites – Stock kites, custom order, banners and kite photography kites.
- The Kite Shop – Single line, traction kites and more.
- Active Toys – Good prices and great customer service.
- Kite World – Online shop – large selection
- Into The Wind – nice shop with eCards, kite trouble-shooting etc. (USA)
- Sky High Kites – Air Bear Parachute kite – £9.99, what a bargain
- The Highwaymen
Build your own, spares and materials
- Ted Devils – the start of it all for me
- Anthony Thyssen’s Kite Site – Great resource and an excellent parafauna section
- Line Dropper – Good instructions
- The Pidley Mountain Rescue World Teddy Bear Freefall Parachute Jump
- Ants Nest South Hampton Gallery – some nice fauna shots
- The kite Society – news, plans and other info
- WhatAKite – flyers of large kites. Great images in their gallery >>
- If you want a single concise resource for parafauna (aside from the loads of other kite info) then you can’t go wrong buying Ron Moulton & Pat Lloyd’s Practical Kite book. Paperback: 256 pages, Publisher: Special Interest Model Books; 2Rev Ed edition (25 Sep 1992), Language English, ISBN-10: 185486050X, ISBN-13: 978-1854860507.